Monday, October 1, 2018

Today is the day

that the Alberta Government raises the minimum wage from $13.60 to $15.00/hour. Some sources are saying that businesses will be scaling back hours/shifts, prices will rise, job losses. I'm hoping that the status quoe remains the same for where I work. This minimum wage increase will do one of several things: First, it will discourage companies to invest here, and 2, it will force companies to close. Or maybe both or nothing. The other thing here is that it will slow the economy down, we'll see.


I'm not doing anything today, except make a few phone calls and watch wrestling. Tuesday I have some pension business to take care of Wednesday I have a night off to myself, Thursday Lodge, Saturday out with a friend for lunch and watch the Oilers game. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment