Tuesday, October 9, 2018

I'll be heading out of here

to Canada place to do some pension stuff and pick up a book downtown. Other then that, not a lot going on for today. It feels like the dog days of summer. I suspect this week work wise, will be the same as last week. Nothing. This time last year we had work, so much work I was pulling in 7.5 hour shifts.

Its overcast and there's about 2 inches of snow on the ground, nothing like Calgary got a few weeks ago. We're way below seasonal average but later this week we could be reaching those +12's, +14's again 😎 This feels more like mid March weather then anything else. I feel bad for the folks suffering from the affects of Tsunamis and earthquakes. We get a first snow and it makes "front page" local news.  

I'm checking in the office for upcoming work this week. If we're still in that grey area, then I'll ask if H/O can release my roe. No longer do we need to wait 6-8 weeks to get that first cheque.  I'm still employed, its just a shortage of work and I can open a new ei claim until work resumes. When work resumes, I'll just pause my ei reporting. So far I haven't been able to enjoy a $15/hour pay cheque. I suspect shortage of work has something to do with that. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment