Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Lots of stuff going on

not affecting me specifically. The huge LNG project that was signed by a lot of investors in Kitamat BC. I've never been to Kitamat, and Google maps hasn't been in that community yet. This LNG project is a $40B project. Its not going to make a lot of Greens happy. Also, NAFTA is dead welcome to the USMCA! I don't have enough info on this to make any comment.

The Alberta Government is now squeezing out private auto testing. It means that anyone wanting to take a drivers test will be taking it from an Alberta Government employee. According to the Transportation Minister they get about half a dozen complaints a day from people that "failed" a road test. A basic road test to go from a class 7 (learners) to a class 5 GDL is $89.25. When I took my learners license in the mid 1980's I think the fee was about $25. I got pretty good at parallel parking. I wanted a car so I wouldn't need to rely on other people for rides but I was on minimum wage in those days (still am) and I quickly came to the realization that a car would cost money for gas, maintenance, insurance etc. It quickly became apparent that I couldn't afford a car, never mind a truck (which arguably would make me more handsome 👀) I completed the learners license and let that idea languish. A monthly bus pass was way more affordable and where I was living 9710 156th street, I was one bus ride and a block from my downtown job. I was within walking distance from the IGA (now a Dolarama behind the "Orange hub) I could afford my monthly bus pass which at that time was about $25/month. So this might be a good move by the Alberta Government. Its supposed to take place in March.

I wanted to leave out of here at 2pm today to see someone at Service Canada for my GIS but I might just do this on Friday instead. I have all the paperwork. Anne's working tonight, I'd like to just have a nice lunch and enjoy my evening off. We've been driving each other nuts being home since Sunday and me not working. I'll be checking in the office this time next week. Its not that I don't have a shortage of things to do around here. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment