Sunday, October 14, 2018

Its great to have a nice

few days off but now that I'm more or less back to work, I'm itching to get back into the stream of things. I'm still nursing my summer savings, which I'm barely holding onto until the end of the month. As long as I don't go crazy, I should have enough summer savings to keep me going. Right now I need hours and I'll have more then enough hours on the clock before cut off. If I'm lucky I could have about 55 hours. 

The Eskimo's aren't as done for as I had first thought. They may be 5th in the West but there is a slim chance they could still make the playoffs, if they can beat the Lions Friday in Vancouver. Or the Esks might be able to get a cross over spot to represent the East against Calgary representing the West at Commonwealth for the Grey Cup. The place would sell out. And the Oilers won one yesterday, which brings their record to 2-1. Next up for the Oilers is in Winnipeg Tuesday and if they can continue that momentum they might be able to play 500 hockey by the time they reach home ice Thursday. All kinds of stuff could happen. Trouble with the Oilers is the top brass put too many eggs in one basket. If the Oilers had say $20 million in salary cap space by the end of the season, they could make a play for some big name A.M. type players. 

This week the Federal Government will make cannabis legal.
I'm not sure how I feel about this. I watched a report on the news last night that for anyone growing pot plants in their house that it not only cost's a lot in water but also electricity. Our building is an older building and we had to get rid of our dishwasher because it was water usage intensive. 
I don't have a problem with medical marijuana. That's going to be a boon to a lot of people. Most people I talked with about using recreational pot are going to be responsible saying its not going to interfere with their work. They wont smoke pot during the week. Legalized cannabis could pump potentially tens of billions of dollars into Federal and Provincial coffers. Demand could out pace supply within the first week of cannabis being legalized here in Alberta. Could one years worth of pot profits reduce the Provinces deficit? 

So this week, I'm working Monday-Thursday, 5 hour shifts. Monday is Wrestling. Speaking of which there is a rumor going around over WWE's upcoming pay per view "Crown Jewel" and something to do with the Khashoggi assassination crisis. Interesting stuff. Then I'm following the Oilers/Jets game Tuesday. Wednesday I'm trying to make contact with a friend, and too set up when I can go for compression stockings for the end of the month. Thursday I'm following the Bruins/Edmonton game. First game on home ice for this season. Friday I'm at home watching the Eskimo's/Lions game on the tube, Saturday I'm hoping I can go out to lodge for the afternoon. Lots of stuff going on this week. Anyway, that's all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment