Friday, May 27, 2011

This was a decent Friday

I had a decent trip into the job and decided to move and I sold some tickets and got it on card and I sold a line listing as well, which was pretty good but that was it for the rest of the day. I called Anne at 2:30 and had a chat and we got our checks shortly before 4pm and we were released for the day. I headed out to my Scotia bank and put some cash away for FL Studio 10, which I should have before the July 1st Canada Day long weekend. The initial idea was to head over to Wendy’s on 50th street but the #2 bus I was on puttering trying to get out of the downtown core rush hour bottleneck. As I was approaching City Centre mall, turning the corner by the YMCA I figured, why not go get a bite to eat at Sizzling Wox and then I can check on those Star Trek Corps of Engineer books. I got only 2 items and a drink and went over to Coles. Heading upstairs on the escalator Telus a section of what they were offering and was that the Blackberry Playbook I spotted? So I went into Coles, they had 4 of the Star trek books. I was looking for Book #2 of this series as I can easily get book #1. Heading off the elevator to my right, I noticed “Fat burger.” So that’s where it is. I’ve been hearing some good things about this company. I went to the Telus area and had my first hand look at the Playbook. Its about the size of a trade paperback book. The guy powered it up for me and I noted it comes with a Kobo eBook reader. He said all they have for this version is wifi for now but we’re getting or have already got the 4g network here in Alberta and soon RIM is going to announce the Playbook with 4g. How cool is that?



After that I worked my way down Rice Howard Way towards Central station and went to get the LRT home. I got in at 6pm as the TB/BOS game was just getting underway.


But what a game that was! Both sides took no penalties. I don’t think that’s ever happened before in an NHL game 7. It was closing in on the half way mark and I had this feeling that whoever was going to score would win the game. Boston scored 1-0 and closed out the game to win. Their first time to the finale since 1990 and we know what team won that year! Also apparently because it’s a long weekend in the US, the media are saying that if an announcement about Atlanta is to be made it will be after the long weekend. Yeah right. I’m also looking in at placing a bet with Gerry I know I can’t lose. Boston or Vancouver. I say Boston to win. $25 bucks. Boston has Gary Bettman in their pocket.


I’m trying to find a way to get out of here about 1:30pm tomorrow so I can meet with Warren around 4pm. Then I can go get my RJS hardcover and get a beer with the boys and then head over to City Centre for a “Fat burger.” Anne will leave out of here at 3:30pm and I’ll be right on her heels by ten minutes and I should be in there by 4:30pm. The only thing is, after I have my drink I’ll be out of there at about 5:30pm at the earliest, there won’t be enough time to go have that burger. If I just come clean with Anne and say, I’m going to meet with Warren and little James for a beer after they get off work at 2pm but I’m not staying for any length of time. I’m going down there for 1 beer and then head on over to City centre mall for that “Fat burger” and home. I should be back by 6pm. That’s the idea and of course get my RJS book. Book first, then beer and then “fat burger.” Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment