Saturday, May 7, 2011

I'm having a

decent Saturday evening. Anne's at work and I'm having the night off.

I was poking around YouTube over the past couple of days and I came upon this DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) on the Linux platform called Rosegarden. Then I came across this cool drum machine called Hydrogen. Rosegarden lets you draw notes in on a musical staff, which is pretty cool. Both programs are free. I'd like to start playing with both but I need to download Linux and I've never played around with this before, so I'm in uncharted waters here.

Apparently it's a good idea, (so I've been hearing on the web) to make a partition drive (currently I'm on Windows 7.) I've got a good tutorial on how to make a partition drive and it seems straight forward enough. The only thing I'm uncomfortable about is the formatting of said new drive for my Linux files. What if this formatting affects my files on my C drive? Once I have the drive formatted, then I'm good to go. I'll download Linux and the two mentioned programs above. I'll draw up some courage and give it a try. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment