Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Mid week of my week off here

and I'm having a great evening. 

Anne suggested when I go into Canada Place Friday and pick up my "retirement kit" and then go pick up my check and home from there. I can be back before Anne leaves for her job. This way I can do everything all in one trip. 

I was watching on "Ripley's Believe it or not" how this retired guy in Wales spent years acquiring about 6 million elastic bands and they thought it would make a good idea to drop the elastic ball from an airplane a mile up. The elastic ball came up to the owner's chest. I think it was something like 2,600 pounds or something but physicists Ripley's talked to didn't know what would happen to the ball when it landed from that height. Would it bounce around on the desert floor or create a crater or something else. Ripley's even took this ball on tour across the US, Finley the moment of truth. They dropped the elastic ball it crated a crated but didn;t bounce it. Pieces of the elastic ball were still cracking up even a few feet away from the crater. I think there's a video of this somewhere on YouTube. Crazy.

I was watching on "Inner Space" a half hour segment on Canada's version of the Space Channel (I like this segment) and they were getting news about the next Star Trek movie and apparently it's supposed to be released May 13th 2013, which doesn't sound right as Star Trek usually has a mid May or December release. Looking forward to that. I miss Star Trek TV. There are recent Star Trek stomach growlings floating around Trekville but that's all they are. Until I hear something substantial, you'll probably hear more about it then I would. Also, a new Doctor Who episode will be airing Saturday. Looking forward to that. 

Another show I've been watching here and there when I can on Space has been "Face off." It's kind of like a reality TV based show about SFFH (Science Fiction Fantasy Horror) make up. You can probably YouTube this as well.

 On my wish list is a Parrot AR. Drone. Amazon has them for about $300 and have built in forward and are remote controlled by smart phones, iPads etc. They have a range of about 100 meters or about 300 feet. With my iPads on board internet I can have the video streamed to my iPad It means that I can take airborne video and upload to YouTube. They are pretty durable as far as crash landings are concerned. I don't know how well they stack up in winter. The drones are YT ready.These AR drones are being used by real estate agents etc. I don't know how well they would handle in a downtown city environment at all. I might be able to get one used on Ebay. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment