Saturday, September 1, 2012

I’m in bed at 1:30am and up at 7am giving me about 5.5 hours of sleep. Then breakfast at Tim’s and in for a full day (6 hours) and my 9 days off begins. Wu who! 
 

Anne came up with a great idea for me for the Lodge Festive board for next week: Deli Pizzas. She’d pick up 4 for me from Superstore ($25) we heat them up here in the oven and nuke them in the mic at the lodge and there we go. Next month (October) I get sandwiches November: soup and buns, December: (chili and rice again) There’s my festive board and I’m done.

As of yesterday the NHLPA’s Friday offer came three days after the NHL made its first counterproposal. After asking players to cut their share of hockey revenue from 57% to 43%, the NHL altered its proposal to have players receive a 46% share over a six-year deal. This is over and above what players would be getting from their original base wage. They’ve already settled on a salary cap issue. The NHL believes that the revenue sharing should be 50-50. The NHLPA needs to come down and the owners need to bargain up for the deal to make sense. That’s not unrealistic. The NHLPA also wants to help struggling markets, Canadian teams are doing well but Canadian teams in my opinion should not be subsidizing US teams with low attendance records. Both sides will meet next week. They have common ground though, so that’s a good thing.

Not much on my plate toady, looks overcast when it might be raining in some parts of the City. Today I’m off to work and then over to Wendy’s for lunch and then home by about 6:45pm. I don’t mind  the Wendy’s location by LM across Grant MacEwan next door to Future shop but the floors are kind of messy but maybe that was just that one time.

Getting 1 or 2 sales/day doesn’t help my cause very much. I know I said I’m not going to worry about it anymore but in all honesty getting 1 sale/day doesn’t make me feel very good but me keeping my job. I got a feeling when I come back that week, I’m going to be called into the office. When the boss calls you in it’s ok but when the boss and a manager calls you in together, then that’s where it hit’s the fan. I got a feeling that’s where sometime this month I’m going to get called in. When that happens, J said he’d give me 6 weeks notice. That will give me lots of time to look for something else. But it’s not just me, there were about 4 of us possibly 5 of us yesterday that got 1 sale or less and I bet other offices doing what we’re doing aren’t doing any better. I’d like to see what some of the other staff are doing. Lets say take a look at anyone that has been there for say a year and see how many of them did about the same as me. It’s not the clients that are negative it’s the customer not want to part with any money and I don’t blame them. People are just tired of telemarketing and it’s a fading industry. I got my 1 sale early yesterday making it for a long day. If my first sale is anywhere from $100/200, after that I’m going to ask big expecting nothing. I’m glad I got a week off but I don’t know if I’ll be there for December for a week off. I hope so but that’s a decision for my higher ups. It‘s not a good climate to work in if your worried about your job all the time. I try not to worry about it but when I’m getting 1 sale/day, doubt creeps in so does self esteem. Anyway, that’s about all I have for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment