Thursday, September 6, 2012

This date is important

but also for me it marks 8 months ago this week we lost Sparky. Hard to believe we had him a year ago, healthy and alive. I miss him a lot.

This week marks the 40th year of the famous 1972 Canada/Russia hockey series. I wasn't too much into it but I recall dad was into it when he was home, setting everything up for mom and the other kids to leave for Edmonton a year later. I was 19 in 1972 and that was the year I was working at Canadian Pacific Railway in Port Coquitlam with a beard and as I was walking home on a rainy afternoon, an unmarked car pulled me over and asked if I would participate in a Police line up. I also recall a bachelor party event that year from some church colleagues and how I was getting tired and board and how I left the event finding my way along the Loughheed Highway heading East hitch hiking. I don't think I was missed at all. How the years go by.

It's Lodge night this evening. Anne's going to use her Pizza discount and since it's the duty of every JW chair to take care of the festive board for after the lodge, I'm asking Neil to pick me up a doz assorted donuts and 3 Pizzas along the way like we did in June. A doz donuts should be enough for desert. Next Saturday I'm at Commercial Lodge from about 1-5pm and then that Sunday at Highlands for our Board of General Purposes meeting September 16th from 6-8pm to get all the Lodge chairs for the upcoming year. I suspect though that tonight will be an in and out kind of an evening. I should be home by 10pm. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment