Wednesday, September 19, 2012

around here lately.
 
Saturday's NHL lockout and my Sunday meeting at the Lodge have been my 2 big days in the last 4 since my last post.

So here we go again, the owner of the Edmonton Oiler's he's now giving some new stipulations to city council about a new downtown arena that the city must now pay out the $6M/year in operating costs and that the city must be one of the anchor tenants in a new office tower before he'll agree to go ahead with the new arean. I thought we already had a deal with some minor things to work out? So does this mean that the Billionaire owner from Edmonton who believes in our City and a long term vision for the Oilers here in Edmonton is having second thoughts? Is this another NHL owner is about to hold it's hockey team over our heads and threatening to move the team if it doesn;t get its way here in Edmonton? We've been down a similar path before. Let me guess: "We're in negotiation's with the City of Quebec to bring an NHL team to that City and if a new arena doesn't get built in downtown Edmonton, then I'll move the club there." Anything can happen but not only is the future of the NHL in contentions but also the Edmonton Oiler's.

The other highlight over the weekend was watching the recent Doctor Who episode a "Town called Mercy." It was really good.

Also yesterday I learned I won in our NFL pool for week 2, which is $25! Plus last night I had a decent total for a change, so I can't complain I got above line hour. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment