Monday, September 10, 2012

My wife

comes barging in claiming a change of plans, great now what?

So she says she spent 40 minutes in a broken down humid bus and she's a bit stressed out. I was mad and upset but followed her to the Swiss Chalet just down over here and felt a little better when we finally got inside. I wasn't that hungry and all I had was a side of fries and a diet cola. We talked about the potential of my Scene movie card and how many points we could earn towards free movies when we use towards big ticket items like rent and stuff. We get 4 free movies (just for sighing up) which I haven't tried yet so Anne want's to use them today while I'm watching Monday night Raw tonight. On our way out of Swiss, I stopped in for a coffee at the Tim Horton's express and a couple of double chocolate donuts.

Anne had to take off again on another errand and I had a bit of a nap and got woken up around 8pm when she came in. My ipad was ringing and it was Anne's sister from Winnipeg wanting Anne to use Facetime, that comes with the ipad. She got a kick out of that and that was a first.

Now Anne and I had been trying to watch the 2nd episode of Season 7 of "Doctor Who" and it didn't disappoint. About an hour after the show and as I began to open my Blog I checked i09 one of my go to source for all things SF etc. Then I cam across this *fascinating story about how this weekends Saturday nights World Con broadcast got shut down just as SF author Neil Gaiman received an award for his Doctor Who script "The Doctor's Wife" got pulled for copyright *infringement. The broadcast got pulled essentially because the service gave priority over it's paid subscribers then it's non paid subscribers. Too funny. There's more to it then that of course and you can read about it here.

Just a note here but "Doctor Who" is probably the best thing going on in Science Fiction TV at the moment. The characters are great, the writing is top caliber and the FX is about the best anywhere. I don't know if in my lifetime, I'll ever see a new Star Trek TV series but in the meantime, Doctor Who suits me just fine.
 
About noon I'm off down to Canada Place to Service Canada to see if there I can fill out my CPP forms and at the same time, to see if I can get a new Sin card or at least get the paper work together for it. There's a little Chinese kitchen there as well and I'm either going there to get some lunch or to City Centre food court. Anyway, that's about all for now

No comments:

Post a Comment