Friday, September 25, 2015

I got another call from the office last night asking me in

for some hours for tonight. The shift is 4:30pm-9:30pm. I hope I'm in for Saturday but only long enough to get home for the Eskimo game. I won't know about that until later tonight.

My aging desktop is running on almost empty hard drive space. I thought am I going to have to buy a new hard drive, another os, a bi directional ide/sata adapter etc? I realize the 2 sata ports on the motherboard can support a sata hard drive. Lets go to YouTube and find a tutorial on how to install a sata hard drive. I found one and the process was so easy. What, I don't need another os? My local computer vendor has a well rated WD 1Tb sata hard drive with a 7200 speed for about $100. I can borrow a screwdriver set and a anti static cable. All I'll need is the hard drive to motherboard cable and I'm done. Insert the hard drive, hook up power supply cables, and the motherboard cable. The after everything else is hooked up fire it open then utilize the disk management system and prepare the hard drive at the os level. Restart PC and the os should recognize the new software, east. Its not that difficult a task.  

I already did my business with ei and I'm up at 11am to do my stuff, have lunch and out of here by 2pm to my favorite spot to read. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment