Saturday, September 12, 2015

Not a whole lot of things have been going on

over the past few days. I was down at Employabilities the other day and they couldn't do anything for me because I have a job, even though I don't have any work. 

Yesterday was the 14th anniversary of what is often referred to as 9/11. September 11 2001. Wow, hard to believe it was 14 years ago. I remember on the bus heading into work that morning when Xentel was on 115th and Jasper. Anne was working at the Legion and still had the car. I recall in the bus close to the window on my right side passing City TV. They have flat screen tv's embedded into the front of the building as they still occupy The Bay on the corner of 103rd and Jasper. I remember just half awake noticing a bunch of bystanders collecting around on the corner. When I got into the office the place was buzzing. I heard all kinds of things: airplanes were bombing cities all over the world, to something going on in New York City. Over the course of the day I gradually pieced everything together. I met Anne at the Legion that day and we were in shock. I wasn't even in my 50's then. Crazy. 


I took the above image from a colleagues Facebook page. How fitting as it sums up my life today.

With a bit of time on my hands I called the Provincial adult health benefit program prompted by a letter I received from Alberta monitoring for diabetes. They said that if I was turned down for Provincial benefits I'd need a letter from them stating that, to qualify for diabetes benefits. So I called them the other day and they said I didn't need to have income from last year, they could process it based upon this year to date. The threshold for a married couple with no children is $28K. No way did Anne and I make close to that this year. Monday I've got to get to my bank and get my statements year to date and Anne's got to get hers. I've got a name and a phone number. If we qualify, then I might be able to get my dental work done up. Actually it would make more sense for the first Q of 2016 because when my place of employment shuts down in August I'll be able to utilize that time off to get it done. But it depends on how long that process is.

This weekend for my CFL Proline picks, I picked Hamilton/Argo's (Argos to Win), Riders/Winnipeg (Bombers to win), Stamps/Esks, Stamps to win. On a $3 ticket, if all 3 are correct, I'd win $60. Last nights game at one point in the 1st Q it was tied at 7. At half time it was a Hamilton landslide. Argo penalties were killing them. The Argos mounted a bit of a come back in the 2nd have and tried a hail Marry to tie a 35-27 Hamilton lead but the receiver coverage was too much for the home time. So much for my ticket. Across the street there's supposed to be a Shoppers Drug Mart going in. They have a lottery booth in their stores (which means I could go across the street when it opens and still get another ticket for the 3 remaining games for today and Sunday.) Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment