Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Ten years is a long time for a computer and

that's how long I've been using my 68 Gb hard drive that came with my desktop computer when I bought it in 2005. When I get some hours in at work, that's going to be one of my projects is to upgrade this computer. I upgraded it with Ram 2 years after I initially bought it. Recently I began to realize that I can put together a modest low cost upgrade with a 500 Gb hard drive for about $60. Since the motherboard is a ide mobo, I can pick up a Sata bi directional converter for about $25. I can get a hard drive dock (looks like a toaster) to copy the old hd to the new one. I don't plan on using the new hd forever though as its just a short term solution to prolong the life of the computer until the bigger upgrade comes in the new year. I'm buying parts one or two at a time.

My shift last night went by fairly well, or at least I thought it did. We more or less finished the project last night except for a few call backs and maybe a few hours work for just a few people for tonight. I could have used the hours but the more I make the less ei pays me. At least I got 11 hours work out of it. We have something on the immediate horizon but I'm off work again until then. I think I'm going to be called back around the 21st of this month. I have ei until the meantime. In other words I'm off work until further notice. However until then, I need to find something more stable long term and part time until I go on pension. I can juggle both jobs, so at least there is income coming in one way or the other.

The downtown arena is progressing nicely. Through the concourse cam, they are making huge progress on the floor of the arena. They did a concrete pour in the North West corner. The roof is more or less done. They are putting yellow siding on the outside. Even though the rest of the Ice district is a few years away from completion, they are making progress on the arena. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment