Tuesday, September 8, 2015

There were not many highlights for Eskimo fans

in Calgary at the so called Labour day "classic" CFL game yesterday. Anne had some errands to make and said she was going to try the new Metro lrt line leaving me to watch the game. I found two highlights in the game: The first was a couple of rabbits that invaded the field and one even made a acrobatic flip "touchdown" pulling a Gizmo Williams type play into the end zone. The other highlight was to see Mike Riley make a appearance late in the 4th Q. Too little to late. The Esks barely showed up basically handing the Stampeders a 7-16 win for the home team. I should have put money on that game. On the whole cfl weekend actually.

Monday night Raw in Baltimore was also a sleeper although I liked The New Day match. I dozed off on the couch for a bit. I caught most of the main event and liked the part where Sting disposed Seth Rawlins bronze statue in a mobile city shredder at the end. On a scale from 1-10, I'd rate last nights show a 5. Rather on the tame side.

Anne came back with her Metro line progress report. There was a 5 minute wait at MacEwan station and she couldn't believe how close the entrance to Rogers place arena was from the platform. She said she liked the ride and will use it to shop at Kingsway mall in the future. I'm out of here about 2pm today and I'll get off at Rexall instead and take the #5 from there, just to try something different. I'm in from 4-9:30pm tomorrow. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment