Tuesday, May 23, 2017

About 4pm when Anne came

back from her Doctors we caught a bus out here to Clareview and then up to the Walmart crossed the street and into the Clareview rec centre to renew our annual pass. Then over to Walmart to get some McDonald's dinner. I had a quarter pounder with cheese, medium fries diet Coke and a strawberry ice cream, delish. I checked out temperature and it was +30* outside! We caught the bus back to Clareview and home. 

I settled back to watch the Pittsburgh/Ottawa game 6. If the Sen's lost, that's it. Anne was on face time with her sister, as she was on a 18 day cruise in the South Pacific. Anne said she was invited but other things we're going on here. During the 2nd period, there was another non Canadian team in a controversial (here we go again) This time they ruled it in Ottawa's favour. The War room probably didn't like it but they had no choice. The game was 2-1 in the 3rd and Ottawa hung on to force a game #7 Thursday night. 

First of all, I share the grief of the sick terror attack that occurred yesterday in Manchester with my fellow Canadians. Yet that event last night could have been prevented if local Police checked everyone outside coming in. All police were asking about is if concert goers had water bottles. They should have also sealed off the streets and subway until after the concert. I have the luxury of hindsight here. There is no way anybody could have brought a ied into the foyer of the 02 arena if security would have been better. I'm no security expert and after hindsight being what it is and all, this despicable act of terrorism was preventable. Too be fair though there's only so much Police can do. There has to be a better way of fighting terrorism. My heart  goes out to the victim's families that are suffering here. 

I called my market research job this morning and I never did get a shift, so I asked for my record of employment. Hopefully as the boss had said, it should be at the office Friday. I also called Winnipeg/payroll and the guy that did my last roe, had a voice mail saying he was on holidays until the 31st. Reception said they hadn't done payroll in this office for some time but my contact would know. Normally after I get paid, my pay stub would follow. They used to just send it in the mail but lately the envelope would just be dropped on my desk the following Monday. I got a feeling though, because I'm not there, my pay stub along with my roe will be mailed along to me before I even need to contact the previous payroll officer. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment