Friday, May 5, 2017

Yesterday heading out to

to lodge under sunny skies it was +24* out there. I was sweating even just wearing a short sleeve dress shirt under a wind breaker. I had a great night and got a ride home, which was nice.

On the news yesterday was an interesting story about inter provincial trade barriers here in Canada. These Provincial trade barriers cost the Canadian economy between $50-$130 billion/year. If free trade would open up here in Canada between Provinces it would be the biggest boost to the Canadian economy since the end of the 2nd world war. However there is so much protectionism between Provincial markets, with Premiers protecting their own turf, make free trade difficult within Canada. These interprovincial trade barriers are artificial. Alcohol for example is the 3rd source of revenue for Provinces after taxes and user fees. Of course user fees help pay for services and other things like infrastructure. Its very complicated.

I like the new Facebook backgrounds for posts. I tried this yesterday but for some reason the post disappeared



I got it working this morning. Don't know how useful this will be yet I kind of like them.

One of the most popular toys leaving store shelves this season is the Fidget or spinners. The Fidget is a spinning piece of plastic that is gaining in popularity among kids. Its not just children using Fridget's but other segments of the population such as students etc. Some are saying the spinners help those suffering from ADHA. I don't know how true that is. Sigh so much for the Poke-mon Go fad of last year.

I'm out of here at my usual 3pm for this afternoon for my Southside job. We're supposed to get up to +28. I'll have the Oilers/Ducks game #5 on my mind tonight and hopefully in time to watch most of it. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment