Saturday, May 13, 2017

One thing I'm not going to miss when

I'm on full pension is getting up early to go into work. I'm aiming for a 4 day work week. Anne even agreed with the same thing. After this session with my market research job working Saturday's will be a thing of the past. After this session, that will be it for me drawing ei. Being on pension has its benefits, apparently. But at least I don't need to hide amongst the bushes.

Yesterday I was making my May payment on my Novation Circuit. I had about an hour to waste so I went to the keyboards section right away. I was surprised that they finally have modular Eurorack products in for sale. They had a double rack mount system by Doepher connected to the Arturia Drumbrute. The case is a bit pricey at $800 but once the initial investment is out of the way, the module strips are very affordable. I'm considering a double case possibly for next year and build a Eurorack system as part of my studio set up. At the store I was able to get a bit of a hands on experience with the Moog Mother 32 (m32). Its a cute boutique synth complete with patch bay etc. Even that was going through the Drumbrute. The m32 is priced around $800. I could either put an account on it or a couple of cheques later and its mine. But again next year. I thought about adding the Zoom audio recorder onto my Circuit account but at the minimum down payment my monthly account would have climbed to $48 and I only had enough on me for the payment and not enough for the device. After  a fun bit of time there, I headed a block away to my bus stop and after a wait there was my #3 that took me to 124th/107 Ave.

Today is the last Saturday of the 2017 campaign at my job on Calgary trail. Next Saturday is the Victoria day long weekend. I defiantly won't get paid for the stat pay at from my Southside job but I could get it from my market research job but not expecting it. Anne's got me a fried egg sandwich  and potato paddies to heat up and I'll have that before I feed the cats and head out of here. When I get home about 3:30pm Anne will make me something, I'll ave a nap, watch a bit of hockey and work on a beat or something tonight. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment