Saturday, May 27, 2017

Closing in on retirement as

its 3 months away and 4 months away, if my health holds up and lets me get there. The good news there is that if I can get something that says I'm on the Federal supplement, I can take that with me and my last CRA notice to the City of Edmonton offices in the Ice district, I can get a low income seniors annual bus pass at $57/year.

An update on the mother of all storms that tore through the city on Wednesday. The storm brought down over a thousand trees across the city. It also brought down power lines causing lots of homes to be without power. I'm surprised the storm never took down our trees out here. The ones outside are over 50 years old. It was quite the storm and I hope we don't get anything like that again. 

Yesterday, I went to the office and got my small cheque, which came with my record of employment (roe). I was expecting shocked (in a nice way) to discover I have 886.5 ei hours. All I'm waiting for now is my roe from my Southside job. I suspect that will be coming in the mail with my pay stub next week. The other piece of good news is our marriage certificate came in. That was fast! It was just a week ago we applied for it last Saturday. Now all I need to do is take that to Service Canada downtown Monday and set that all up, sweet. 

Edmonton transit service (ETS) has issued out notices this weekend ETS will be using contingency bus service from Clareview to downtown. The reason for this of course is the Valley line, currently under construction. Last week on the news, there was a story how the City intends on borrowing something like $190 million to take down two strip malls that have been there since the 1950's. These two strip malls are beside the Grant MacEwan building on 156th/Stony plain road, and the strip mall across the street from the drugstore. There's a big chunk of property that that's been gated off for some time with a red fence around it.

As for me, I'm relaxing this evening. I'll be doing more memory work for a lodge bit I need to do on Thursday. Sunday I've got a rehearsal bit at lodge. Monday, I'm filing that marriage certificate at Service Canada and settling in to watch wrestling and the hockey game. Tuesday I'm calling the office to see what's going on for any work. Wednesday I'm open. Thursday lodge, Friday and Saturday are open. That's basically about it. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment