Saturday, May 6, 2017

I was out there by 9am waiting for my

Saturday morning commute to Clareview/Southgate. The lrt was running in my favour. It was a beautiful Spring morning. I love this time of year when everything is all budding and ground conditions are drying out. Except for the light rain we're getting now. I got into work on time, bathroom and got a hot chocolate, my file from the night before and signed in. Let the games begin. We had a really small crew for a Saturday, maybe 8 people. By 11am I had made 100 calls (Grand Prairie) I usually get that in the first half of the shift. I had a "online sale" from the night before. At noon break I had my left over Maximus pizza from Horseshoe lounge just up here by Manning on 137th. I managed another "online sale" from my call back list. 2:15pm came by and time to go. I had a nice stroll passing by the Toyota dealership on Calgary Trail taking my time by Tony Roma's. I could see my #6 bus just to my left and East of me. On the way to Southgate, then home.

I got in the apartment by 3:40pm. Anne was just having a shower. She made me a bite to eat and I had a great afternoon. She had a trip to Walmart to get her balcony flower. A pleasant chore she likes doing this time of year.

I was watching a bit of the Pen's/Capitals game wanting to hear Don Cherry's response to the controversial goal that gave Anaheim that win last night. He basically said it was a bonehead call. That the call was clearly goaltending interference. Ok so lets back this up a bit. We owned the Ducks last night. It was 3-0 Oilers. There was 3:16 on the clock. Very exciting. I had a hunch the Ducks would pull their goal tender for the extra man, 6 on 5. Sure enough they did. Ducks scored on the outside, 3-1 Oilers. Oh, shit. Anne had come in at that time. Then the Ducks pulled their goal tender again (every time when the Ducks were in the offensive zone and had control of the puck) It was now 3-2 Oilers. The Ducks did this again, (this is where the controversial part comes in) remember the Ducks pulled their goal tender a third time. Oilers Darnell Nurse (D) made contact with Ducks Ryan Kessler and he fell into Oilers goal tender Cam Talbot. At first Kessler had his hand on Talbot's leg pad. Grounds for instant goal tender interface and the Ducks scored. The replays Toronto (the NHL situation room) gave the on ice officials was Kessler's hand on Talbot's leg pad. What on ice officials didn't see or what they were not allowed to see was Kessler pulling on Talbot's leg opening up the "5 hole" between his pads that allowed the puck to go in, tying the game. Sportsnet commentators had the footage showing what Kessler did. Pro wrestling rules are better officiated then this. This is the 2nd goaltender interference called back to back, Wednesday & last night. Ok so the Oilers let the Wednesday night one go. There is clearly a bias in this series. Oilers Lucic even asked after the game and pleaded saying something like, "what is goaltender interface? Can somebody call me and please let me know." Even Coach Todd McLellan had no answer. We just don't know anymore. Don Cherry was incensed over this. The Oilers went to 2 over time periods but the Ducks scored in the 2nd OT. And the reaction was how great the Anaheim Ducks were and failing to mention they pulled their goaltender to get the extra man, 3 times. Gary, you have some spalining to do. Well, now tomorrow night is game #6 and it could be a possible elimination game for us. Hopefully this will be reviewed in the off season. Its sickening is what it is. This would never happen against an American team. Cam Talbot made 60 saves last night. The only way Anaheim Ducks could have won last night was by cheating. Shows what kind of a team they are. Its going to be interesting to see how fans are going to react. So much for NHL integrity from the so called NHL officials. Its basically saying that, goaltender interface is ok normal except for the Edmonton OiIers. I'd love it if Connor McDavid would not go to the NHL players awards ceremony in protest, but unlike the NHL officiating he has more class then that. 

Ok, I got that out of my system. Monday I've got to go to imaging. Its located at the back end of Century Park lrt. Most likely they are going to do another ultrasound. Someone at work was saying they prick your feet to see if you have feeling in various places. Apparently I'm going to be in a hospital gown. I mentioned how I'm low income. That produced a pause. I'll have more on this and tomorrow nights game.

No comments:

Post a Comment