Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Atco our local gas company

has been out here for about 3 weeks now. They have our sidewalk blocked off vehicles that look like large milk trucks out behind us here, "ditch witch's", crews with yellow X's on their vests and yellow helmets. There's orange security mesh all over the place. Its not just here its all over the North East. I think they are replacing sewage and gas pipe lines that have been imbedded in the ground since the 1960's.

What with this unexpected shift cancelation I could have gone to lodge last night. It wasn't my lodge but with Black Friday coming up in a few days, I don't know when I'll be called back in. Anne suggested because I had some unexpected resources that came in the other night, I could at least use some of that to get the iPad at the Southgate Apple store. I called ahead at the store to make sure they had mine in stock and my finale price for the iPad and the cover. We left out of here with that knowledge about 3pm in good spirits. We headed out to the lrt at Clareview station. The train we we're on was the same train I'd leave out of that time of day for my job at the Heart & Stroke foundation, that same time of day. We got the basic iPad (space grey black bezel) and the cover. Even the bag was luxurious. Over to the food court for Taco time, Anne had A&W. The mall was very busy. Anne took a photo of me:

Not much time to crop the photo but here I am at the age of 65. I hadn't eaten yet, which is why I look meh. After that Anne had a 2/1 coupon for Dairy Queen (dq). We went back to the Apple store (busy) to see if they could help me with the set up the iPad. They did and all I'd need to do was to when at home, to contact Telus and have it set up to access the Internet. By this time it was closing in on 6:30pm, so we left out of the mall and got the train back to Clareview station. I got home at 7pm. I probably could have rushed to dress and left out of here at 7 and would barely make it but I wasn't with it what with my new item.

I watched the Oilers/Saint Louis blues game at 2-0 Blues end of the 1st. I thought here we go again. I stayed with the game until it was 4-0 Blues. I tuned out after that and got my iPad set up instead. Better use of my time. The worse part of all this is the Oilers are playing tonight. Where? I don't really care. The Oilers woes began when Draisaitl received concussion like symptoms October 9th the 3rd game in and a stick to the eye. That and having a 4 day game lay over didn't do us much good. The Oilers fell apart after that. I'm not writing the team off just yet but the season for the Oilers looks like its over and done with. Best they can hope for is last place (again) to get a good position in for the lottery for another uggh #1. November is the make or break it in the NHL. I'm home tonight (I hope) and I'm going to try and make a track in the new Garage band 2.3 update. On Friday, I'm getting Cubasis 2 and another i0s app. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment