Friday, November 24, 2017

There has been some initial movement over changing

our CFL club Edmonton Eskimo's. Some people are of the opinion that the name Eskimo is a slur against indigenous people. At first I thought this was just silly. Then after a bit of education I began to see what they mean. Like how we have French for say a Two Year Planner would read in French "Agenda de Deux ans." Wtf? I'd rather see that replaced with the local indigenous name instead any day. Anne and I had a bit of Eskimo name changing fun. If the name needs to be changed (and I agree we need to have this conversation) I like "The Edmonton Empire." This actually cropped up when the season began as an ad campaign. Anne likes the name "The Edmonton Borealis." In a related topic our QB Mike Reilly in Ottawa last night received the Most Outstanding Player in the CFL. He deserves it.

The Argentina Sub The San Juan is days away from its last days. Its currently on life support. The sub made in Germany 1983 is 66 meters long with a crew of 44. Last I heard they had an explosion on board. Other countries are at sea trying to locate the sub.

That was a nice 3 days off. I go in today to pick up my cheque and start a 5 hour shift out by 9pm to the bank and get what's left for me. Across the street at Shoppers I want to get a iTunes card to buy Cubasis 2.3 and Luma Fusion the video editing software for my new iPad on the way home. After all it is black Friday. I made using i0s 11 screen recorder off of Garageband using Apples Live loops a crude video: You can see it here: Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment