Friday, November 17, 2017

There was a schedualing mix up

at work and I think I wrote myself out of today's shift. Anne said not to worry at least we have back up resources unlike if this happened a year ago. It's a long story but at least I still have a job.

I'm not sure what to make of this but a group calling themselves the "Messaging Extraterrestrial Intelligence organization" announced that they beamed a binary-coded missive via radio waves last month to a star system GJ 273 in hopes that if there is an advanced civilization, they could receive the signal 2029 in 12 years from now. Assuming there is an advanced civilization able to pick up the signal. The star system is 12 light years away. The only problem with this is, could these aliens be benign or hostile? MEIO thinks any success of this will happen in about 30 years. Its an interesting concept broadcasting us to ET instead of waiting to hear from ET. but why couldn't they do this with a star system that's closer? Here's a link to the story.

Odds are pretty good now that I don't have enough for the computer, I'll be getting the iPad next weekend instead. Garage band has a new update, there are some other music apps I'm excited to get and I want to test this new screen recording in i0s 11, and Apple released a new i0s 11 update. So, I have 3 days off. Enough time to get a video out there. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment