Thursday, August 16, 2018

A lot of memories over the years

looking back. The passing of Aretha Franklin occurring the same day as the death of Elvis. Both of these artists never did much for me. However I recall exactly where I was when Elvis died. I was about to play Wellington's Victory. It was SPI "monster table top war game," and the only wargamer I knew was a young fellow up there in the "British Properties" area of North Vancouver. My friend and I were at poolside taking a break from setting the game up while his mom was working the Barbie, the radio was on in the background. That's when we heard the news. I think the time of day was late afternoon. I look back on those days 1977, wow 41 years ago. We never did start the game and I hadn't been to that area of Vancouver since. Anyway, that's all for now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment