Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Friday night was my only night off during the last four days

off during the last four days or I should say, the only night I had off to myself. Anne has been home with me for the last 3 days. Yesterday afternoon we went to Londonderry mall for our Sunday brunch at Alberts. Its just a bus ride there and back. I  like the way they make their sausages. The ride home was very warm, getting in about 5pm, and then watching wrestling. 

Over the weekend I was able to get OBS to work with my DAW, Cubase 6. I was struggling with this for a long time. Finally I found a video that put the whole thing together for me. Its very easy. The process calls for a free application called "Voicemeter." It gets installed in the computers Audio devices. It first needs to be right click enabled, then add the control panel left level meter to mono. Then on the right side there's a drop down menu to select the microphone. In my case its my AT2035. Then in the daw, make sure the inputs/outputs are tuned to Voicemeter and instead of Asio its Voicemeter Asio. Then in the audio tab of obs select Voicemeter. make sure the Voicemeter control panel is at least in the taskbar. Launch the daw, and success. its a slick and easy process. The only problem I'm dealing with now is clipping, or static. I thought it was my webcam causing my audio to clip, but that's not the case. Obs comes with some audio tools, like a compressor,  noise suppression, gate etc. I haven't been using the compressor, yet once this work project ends (today?) I'll have another short break, where I'll have more time to tweak this. Its a good process that does what I want it to do. I put together a crappy 18 minute video that had some extreme clipping in it. I cued up the listener in advanced after the video took me over an hour to upload. The hole idea of this is to screen record and stream a "Make a beat with Jim" video's.

My afternoon commute today is  going to be about +28, uggh. All week until Friday, we're going to have Tuesday +27, Wednesday +30, Thursday +32, Friday our warmest day of the week at +34 uggh. Way to hot for me. Next week a lot more comfortable at about +22. At least I wont need to coat my skin in "Bronzer,"
whatever that means. Anyway, that's all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment