Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Its a bit on the cooler side today

but the smoke 🌫 is back. We're supposed to have a peak temperature of +28. I didn't sleep very well this morning and it had nothing to do with the heat or getting older. I haven't been very active in the last 15 days, which could account for that, not the weather.

I've been messing around trying to get Voicemeter Banana (vb) to work with my copy of Reason 10 and OBS. I think I got the process correct on this end:



I got a chart and a couple of good videos from You Tube explaining the process. I'm trying to do walk throughs and tutorials "Lets make a beat," recording my screen with audio. I'm still  playing around with OBS to also do some live streaming. We don't have unlimited internet but live streaming takes up our monthly internet cap usage. OBS and vb are free anyway. I want to use less of the iPad. Mainly because this is another dimension making music, sound design etc. I'm also looking at building my own Eurorack modular case some time this fall. Its a hobby. The case can be built out of cardboard but I want to build something out of acrylic instead so I can install some RGB lighting in the case. The RGB lighting can be programmed with the music within the case. Or just to add a bit of a light show to the music. RGB lighting strips come in kits for about $40. I'm thinking of a double rack slight angular skiff. The skiff could be about 20 inches in length both rows. Modular synthesis is controlled by voltage. Just simple AC house current. The case gets plugged into power bar as the Eurorack case has its own on/off switch. There's lots of video's about this on You Tube.

It's nice having all this time off and all. I can get things done. Tomorrow I'm off to Service Canada to get my Federal Pension worked on, not the oas one. This one is for low income seniors. Apparently I need to be on oas for about a year before I can get gis anyway. The main thing about the low income pension is I can get a adult seniors low income bus pass for $58/year. 😲 Living the dream eh? It goes downhill ⛷ from here. Right now I'm itching to get back to my 4 days of work. Anyway, I got to get on with my "busy day," anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment