Tuesday, May 9, 2023

In watching Jay's 2 cents

on cloning a nvme m.2 ssd, I discovered I need to clone over the system partition to the target disk I had to buy a license from the AOMIE vendor. It was only $60. I took a chance. I had a bit of trouble getting the license key but chat tech support was very helpful, and supplied me a license to my email. I activated the software that lets me cone the system partition. I cloned the partition before dinner and after dinner, I was motivated enough to go in and out with the old nvme drive, and in with the new. I had to go into the Bios and changed the boot order of the drive. after that, it booted fine and success. This will keep me going for about 3-4 years if I'm alive by then. Very happy. Not so much with the product because it's advertised as 4Tb when I get half that. I know why but that's ok.

Today I need to be ready for tech support about my work laptop. Hopefully, that won't be too bad. I'll have my ethernet cable in there before we get underway. Also, I hope I won't need to "babysit the guy." 

If that frees me up, Anne and I can get to the rental office and ask them to guide us through the rental agreement and how to sign our names on the form. Once we get that sorted out I can breath a sigh of relief. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment