Friday, March 23, 2012

I had about 6.5 hours

of sleep, so I got out of bed about 9:50am to do my thing: Kettle on the stove with water to boil, turn on the computer, shave, shower fix coffee and about 5 minutes after 10am, I’m at my diary. Now I’ve got about 40 minutes to myself.
I had a decent day yesterday, although I had a slow start and was last on the board total wise but at the end of the shift I had a call and the caller talked a lot. Why couldn’t I have had this call at 6pm? But she was able to stay on topic even though she kept me on the phone as most of my colleagues had left but she did make the sale and James got her on a card as well. Good stuff. It wasn’t anywhere near top total for HDI but I was 10 away from line hour. I had about $190 I think on card as well for the day.

Here we go with another franchise in the making of a book series for young readers: “Hunger games.” It’s about a bunch of teenagers out to kill each other. Here’s a synopsis of what the books are all about from Fantastic fiction: Katniss (there’s never any female protagonist with names like Martha or Jane or Susan) is a 16-year-old girl living with her mother and younger sister in the poorest district of Panem, the remains of what used be the United States. Long ago the districts waged war on the Capitol and were defeated. As part of the surrender terms, each district agreed to send one boy and one girl to appear in an annual televised event called, "The Hunger Games." The terrain, rules, and level of audience participation may change but one thing is constant: kill or be killed. When Kat's sister is chosen by lottery, Kat steps up to go in her place. The Hunger games is causing a hysteria among teens because that’s it’s target audience. There’s already a movie that made its red carpet debut the other day. Not my type of thing mainly because of its intended age group, but looks like. Kids love it especially teenage girls but at least it has them reading, so that‘s a good thing. If I had children (that I know of) I‘d rather they be reading stuff like this then going out to a Rave taking tainted ecstasy.

I‘ve got another full day today as it‘s a Friday and that means after work run up to my bank cash my check and head home or better yet, out to eat. I‘m thinking about going over to Bo'diddly's Pub & Grill across the street after work tonight. Mainly because Anne doesn’t get home until about 10:40pm then she’s out at Superstore buying us a deli pizza or something and it’s not ready until 11:45pm by the time I want to eat. I have trouble sleeping if I have a heavy meat on a late Friday night especially when I’m up at 8am Saturday morning for work but I‘m not sure yet. I might just come home anyway.

So rather then going out Saturday for a bite to eat after work and since I need a USB hub at Future shop so I’ll get that instead and head home for a nap and get Anne’s “on her break at work phone call” I get around 8:30pm to wake me up Saturday night.

Tonight is another Oiler hockey game as they are in Florida again for a back to back game. Then they play on Sunday at 1pm, so I want to catch that game.

Doesn’t look like I’m going to make it for Lodge this tonight. I’d like to go but I want a full 37.5 hours on my check this week. I want to be able to go to both of my Saturday Lodges next month so I’m working the next 3 Saturdays including this one. Anyway, that’s about all for now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment