Wednesday, March 14, 2012

On my way home

after 9pm, I usually like to stop in and have a decaff black small Tim's coffee to take with me on the train. I did last night and managed to hook up with 2 of my fellow employees Darryl and Karen. They're usually at the back of the train because it's closer to where they have to get off at Belvedere station. Belvedere station is the one before mine at the end of the North line in Clairview. Normally I'm boarding just under the escalators as the train rolls in about 9:10pm. Yesterday I rode in with them because Darryl hooked up with me on my way into work yesterday morning. 

Okay, so here we are riding home and at Stadium some kids are begging for money from local passengers. Where's ETS Security when you need them? So this other fellow boards our car about where these 2 kids were bothering people for money. This didn't sit well with this new passenger who told these kids in no uncertain terms to stop what they were doing. I heard the new passenger mention how he's a MMA fighter and he wouldn't want to mess with him because he fights for a  living. "Your getting out at the next stop," he said before the train was ready to board out of Stadium and his buddy got off right there wanting no trouble. One of the bigger kids that didn't get off while the getting was good was involved in a verbal exchange of some kind and I saw the kid mouth off to the guy and the guy came up to him and wrestled him in his seat and to the floor. Darryl looked around to see this and the MMA guy who had this kid pinned to the floor asked somebody to get his bag for him as he was heading out and essentially taking out the trash along with  him. This all happened really fast, within the span of 2 stops. The kid the MMA guy had pinned to the floor of our car I could see was laid out on the concourse floor as the car pulled out. Hopefully that will teach the kid a couple of lessons; 1, don't go trying to panhandle for money on the LRT (you never know who your going to meet) 2, don't go bad mouthing people you don't know in public, you just never know what your going to get. 

So that bit of drama was interesting. On the last leg of my ride in at Clairview on my bus home I rolled up my rim on my Tim's cup I won a donut. That's 2 coffee's and a donut. Last year I didn't win anything. Anyway, that's about all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment