Monday, March 26, 2012

I had a nice couple of days off

Sunday & Monday despite Anne and I having our little episodes (mostly her) of marriageable bliss."

This morning I was woken up shortly after 9am to gather my ID and everything to head down to the Edmonton Public Library. Anne and I filed for our taxes. I'm getting about the equivalent of half our rent. It's about 85% of what I need to get the laptop I want. As of this week, I'll need 2 more checks and I can pick it up and some logitech speakers. I should have my return by about the end of April. Providing they have our address right. 

It was overcast heading out this morning and nice to get out as it was a little bit crisp in the air but nothing as chilly as Saturday morning. 

I found a couple of un-boxing YouTube videos of "Critical Hit." A 3rd party ASL company that has some intriguing products. I'm thinking about uploading some Paypal dollars and getting a couple of them next month after my laptop.

The laptop I'm getting is the Acer Aspire 15.6" AMD Quad-Core A6-3420M (AS5560-7476) blue, I need this for my music production and it can play games as well. I'm not big on video games. Anne's getting the laptop in my header photo above. 

Tomorrow is my first day back at work for the week and I hope to have another 37.5 hours in, which is a full week for me. 

This afternoon Anne ordered Wrestlemania 28 for me, which is Sunday 5pm April 1st. It's a 4 hour wrestlemania and she's making me a plate of baby back ribs to go along with it. It's going to be about a $60 hit but we only order 2 WWE pay per view events/year: Wrestlemania and Summer Slam because Summer slam is close to my birthday. 

Anyway, not much is going on through out the week. It's just up at 10 out the door at 11:15am into work from12:30pm-9pm home by about 10:45pm have a bite to eat catch the news and answer my email do some stuff on the net and then into bed. Cycle the above Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday except Friday night is my banking night and I'm off half an hour earlier. Saturday I'm up at about 7am and out the door by 9am for a 10-4:30pm shift. other then Lodge night (in which I work half a shift on Thursday) The above is my weekly daily ritual. Next month I'm tweaking this a bit because I want to begin going to my Saturday Lodges Ye old Craft (second Saturday) and Commercial (third Saturday.) Other then the above and heading out with my work colleagues after a Saturday I'm not at Lodge, that's my life. 

I'd love to get back into playing ASL again and once I apply (if I get it) for my early retirement I can take a couple of Lodge Saturdays and head out to play some ASL. The first Saturday Lodge is in the morning and done by about noon and I can head out to play some ASL somewhere. My 2nd Saturday Lodge on the 3rd Saturday is Commercial and they're usually done by 5pm. Time to head out to an evening of ASL. Ideally that's what I would like to do in theory. 

The other thing I want to do in September (the date I should have my first CPP check) since I have Sunday and Monday off (pending Lodge of course) is get involved in a senior bowling league. I know of a couple. I've always liked bowling but never found the time. 

The only time I have to myself to do any music production, Lodge memory work or reading etc, is after supper and the late night evening news. I have about 2 hours to do my stuff. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment