Tuesday, March 20, 2012

My wife being off from her job

today was in bed by about 5:30am. When I have a day off and I'm in bed by 4am that's not a good sign for the next day having to much sleep on the 1st day getting back to work. She was up tossing and turning in bed waking me up at 8am this morning. I wasn't happy but I managed to get back to sleep, barely. I could use another 2 hours as it is. 

Looks like a nice day out there, sunny and -3C. I remember the day I moved into my first apartment here in Edmonton, March 15th 1985. I found the apartment that week and when I got my check on that Wednesday (working for the Army & Navy warehouse) right in the middle of the '80's. The Oiler's were winning Stanley Cups just about every year and it was  like one "big party." I was 32 years old having the time of my life. Well, sort of. Hard to believe that was 27 years ago. Weather wise it was a little warmer then we have it now but not by much

I was in bed by 1:30am this  morning listening to a bit of Coast. They were talking about Egypt and the pyramids and how researchers of today tried to recreate the moving of stones of similar size and they couldn't do it. They were even talking about this huge boulder excavators were trying to move recently and they couldn't move it without heavy duty equipment. How did the ancients move these huge stones? Some believe in the traditional method of thousands of workers painstakingly moving them inch by inch. Some have really esoteric ideas like sound waves, hot air balloons etc. I've heard a lot of different ideas. I even had the notion that the workers chiseled out the stone into pieces and it was melted down to form a cement like substance and poured into molds. But who today really knows? Anyway a full l8 hours from me today, so that's about all for today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment