Monday, June 10, 2013

The weekends are so short

and I miss my other job with Xentel. Every 3 months due to "my seniority" the boss had to kick me out every 3 months for a week. All of it paid for and when it was a long weekend in there, I got paid for that as well but that was like after 12 years of being with the company. Fat chance that's ever going to happen again. I'll be lucky if I stay at this place for 6 months due to shortage of work.

The other day Oiler's boss Craig MacTavish (MacT) went and fired the Oiler's 6th head coach Ralph Krueger. I don't think Kruger was given a fair chance after the league went on strike, he had 6 moths barely even a full season after he took over from Tom Renney. Krueger has 2 years remaining on his contract. Krueger coached 48 games and MacT is now looking at Toronto Marlies coach Dallas Eakins and so are Dallas Stars, New York Rangers and Vancouver Canucks. This new guy might be what the Oiler's need moving forward. Maybe Krueger will get picked up by one of the above teams, who knows.

The other thing is as of August, I need 4 more years. If I can hold on for another 3.5 years, then I'm applying for my full pension and filing for unemployment insurance for the last 6 months until it comes in and put some savings aside for 6 months so it's like another 3 years in the workplace. I'll most likely will work part time, 3 days a week something like that.

I've got absolutely nothing going on this week. Other then our Lodge BBQ I'm having the summer (other then work-if I have work in July/August) off

Other then working on my music (I've got a 40 bar track I'm working on. I've got a intro/chorus/verse-middle-chorus/Bridge/chorus/chorus/outro kind of thing going on. The track is populated with drums, bass and organ so far. I made a talking part for my lyrics of me talking out my lyrics (not rap) just to put that in with the other parts of the music. Using my bullet strat guitar I'm just laying out power chords, sampling them into the project. The next major thing for my music is the studio monitors and I hope to get them later this month. Anyway, that's about all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment