Sunday, June 28, 2015

26-30 is what our average temperature

will be like for the next 10 days, uggh. In other words its going to be hot but July has always been a hot month in the region, especially here in Alberta. I don't mind the heat but it just makes it hard for sleeping over night. At the moment its +17 but less then 2 hours ago it was +27 as this apartment retains the heat. It's probably 5 degrees hotter inside then it is out there. The heat affects people different ways. With Anne it tries her patience and she says things she doesn't mean. Its not her fault. 

I hadn't been to Tim's in awhile and Saturday morning seemed like as good as time as any to go get some breakfast. I usually go for the sausage egg sandwich hash brown combo/coffee and I wanted to put $20 on my Tim's card. I was ready to order and the clerk said they were out of eggs. I wasn't very happy, so much for breakfast. I'm at the corner of 107 and Jasper facing East and there was my #5 bus pulling out and away while I was in the crosswalk. I caught the bus barely and it was unusually loaded on a Saturday morning at 9am? I barely got a seat. What about breakfast? I had a long day ahead. Then I realized a Tim's alternative was MacDonalds but there wasn't one around. Then I remember my supervisor mentioning PetroCan as they have a A&W in each location. There was one at 111th Ave and 124th street just up the block. I had about a hour to kill before my 10am shift anyway. I ordered the breakfast sausage combo equivalent and coffee. It was like sitting in a mini food court meant for about 6 people but my meal was great and I had a nice walk back for about 4 blocks. I think I'll be going for my Saturday morning breakfast at PetroCan for at least the summer. It was a good experience.

Normally for a Saturday we have a full crew but we had less then 10 staff, including me. I had a decent day on the job and got home shortly before 7pm. I watched what was left of the Bomber/Riders game got my call from Anne and other then the fight we had after lunch about an hour ago and this heat, everything is more or less fine. Anyway that's all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment