Saturday, June 27, 2015

Maybe and its a big maybe

I might have got 4 hours of sleep over night. It wasn't because it was overly hot but at 10pm last night it was +25 out there. What I like about the recent double pane windows is that it helps to retain cool air inside. Add the fan and it makes it nice for sleeping during hot days like this in the summer.

This morning as I was half awake and I realized, wait now. How can I make my ei report to recover last week when that week Monday would has come and gone on the ei reporting calendar? I got up and realized this shortly after about 5:30am. I couldn't sleep. The ei worker said yesterday I'd need to go in on Monday and file my report. So I thought, lets go in today and get it over with. I had to reset my security questions only to see that it shows I went back to work. So what was it I did yesterday then? Ok so let me sort this out. I also said to reset my claim after I activated it and put it back to sleep. This means I need to get up early Monday get this whole thing sorted out with ei over the phone. The I've got to get to the bank to make our rent bank deposit, then over to the lab to get blood work. Then into work. Monday is going to be busy.

The good news yesterday, the Edmonton Oiler's have selected first round pick at the draft Connor McDavid. Also we got Griffin Reinhart ex Oil King D. So far its been a great draft year for the Oiler's. I have a feeling that this upcoming season could be a turn around year for the Oiler's. After 9 years in the wasteland and all that's going on with a new General manager, a new coach the downtown arena, and selecting Connor McDavid 2016 could be the year the Oiler's make the playoffs. 

In about a hour I'll be out there waiting for my bus and this time I'm getting breakfast at Tim's. Its going to be a long day but in a good way last night Anne bought me some "cheese doodles" to snack on tonight and hopefully I'll get the score on the Eskimo game, which is underway at 3pm. Because I had only a week on my cheque but I have my cpp that came in and Anne had her cheque this week and next cheque should be a larger one. Hopefully I can get this thing sorted out next week with ei. 

I'm not in a hurry to get home after work. I can always get the score on the Esks game from the supervisors desk before I head out of the office. I'm also thinking maybe I ought to pop into BP's but I think Happy Hour ends at 6pm so it might be a good idea to head to the bar for a cold one but we'll see. Since I'm diabetic and I had a beer last Friday, I don't want to compromise my health and end up like poor Russel in 2005. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment