Thursday, June 25, 2015

I don't see the project at work barely getting underway

to be put on pause until September. I got 16 completes Tuesday night as it is. About 50 % of my colleagues are 65 or older and probably wouldn't mind the summer off. Having my ei on hold sure I'd be ok for the summer but some of  my colleagues wouldn't. I'll be calling at 1:15pm to see if there is a shift or my boss could be calling me again. Fortunately I have a full cheque on Friday and my cpp so I could be okay for July.

The downtown arena has about a quarter of its roof built. There is so much going on at the moment. There is construction across the street with the extension of the original strip mall, the Clareview bus barn land is being excavated, Edgewater towers by Stadium is going up, the arena, Royal Alberta museum, City of Edmonton tower, Stantec tower, Delta tower, Charles Ramsey tower, Ultima, Fox 1 and now 2, Mayfair, NorQuest, proposed for this spring, Jasper house 38 stories, Healy ford lands those are out of some 31 projects going on around the city. Also, Blatchford, is in full gear and Metro lrt should be coming online soon and if that's not enough right around the corner is the $1.8B valley line.

Even though I could use another week off, I need my hours. I've got gear I'd like to get, like the Korg Electribe sampler and the Roland jd-x1. I want those 2 pieces of gear before the end of the year. So its imperative I get working today.
Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment