Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Our local weather is nothing compared to what they have been having in Toronto

where its been so hot the summer heat has been buckling pavement in some places. Its not like in 2010 when 10 people died from the heat. Six have died in Montreal already. I've been hearing temperatures of +41C or 106F degrees. That's crazy. We've been blessed with local high temperatures of +20. We're supposed to get 26 and 31 Thursday and Friday. Today in Toronto they finally get a bit of relief where right now its +27 but its still morning. In Ottawa its +35! We're at a comfortable +17 and mostly overcast. I'll take this any day. At least its comfortable  in the office at work.

Ok so I can get obs studio to work, sort of. Its not a all in one out of the box situation for me. I'm trying to record audio/video like game play out of a daw (digital audio workstation like garage band) and video at the same time. Now this works fine for game play. I used obs to record a bit of one of the free games that came with my Windows 10 install over the weekend, when I was trying to activate my Window's license. I didn't publish the results of that game play recording. I'm happy with that😊I'm going to download Virtual Advanced Squad leader (VASL) after I post this. That's the kind of gaming I like to do. Ok, back to my dilemma. The problem is obs doesn't want to recognize ASIO (Audio Stream input/output) and this is the language recognized as the industry standard in computer electronic music. I've been using it for years, its free. So I found a bit of a work around. When I sequence a song in my licenced copy of Cubase 6, and as it plays back ok on my computer, I just bounce the audio rendering it into a Wav file onto my computer desk top. All daw's allow for the exporting (bounce) of the audio. I let obs record the screen (making sure the transport control/play head lines up properly before I hit play and take that video out of where obs sends it. I create a new folder, out both audio and video in the folder and upload it using iCloud/iDrive. From there go into my Luma Touch app on my iPad i0s 11.2.4, start a new project in luma click on iDrive and there are my 2 project sources. All I do is drag and drop into luma. Luma Touch lines everything up. I can add annotation, like emoji's and text etc over that. Upload, and publish. It's really slick.

So I'm enjoying my first coffee, checking out my email. etc before I head out of here for my 4-9. Its an hour in work 5 hours and an hour home. Its a short week because of Canada day. I tweaked my availability for the summer etc for Tuesday-Friday. I'm hoping we'll slow to a stop in the next couple of weeks. I need a summer break. I'm slowing down anyway to work just 4 days/week when work resumes in the fall. I like my job and the hours. For the most part, management leaves me alone. I get home around 10pm. Anyway that's all from me.                  

No comments:

Post a Comment