Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Back to work today

as I'm hoping I'll be done for what's left of the summer. If I'm lucky, I could have about 8 weeks off. I've got a few medical appointments and I've been trying to set up my gis. I'm just glad I don't have a "honey do" list.

During Eskimo practice yesterday, coach Jason Mass caught a couple of strange guys in the empty stands. These weren't typical media guys. Also they were taking notes. Coach Mass sent somebody up to investigate. They insisted they're not taking notes. With the Riders in town Thursday, it was suspected that these 2 guys were scouting the players and possible plays. They should have been kicked out of the building. Is Chris Jones that desperate? 

Speaking about sports, I'd be in remiss if I didn't pass along Edmonton Born native past NHL player Jarome Iginla. He spent 23 years in the NHL and played 17 seasons with the Calgary Flames. He had 14 seasons with over 20 goals. If he was an Oiler in 2017 would the Oilers have won the Stanley Cup? Not likely due to Anaheim Ducks game controversy. Yet imagine, a Oilers team with Taylor Hall, Iginla and Eberle? Iginla would have been better as an Oiler instead of playing in Denver, just saying. So now at the age of 41, Jarome Iginla is retiring. What a career. Too bad he played on the wrong side of the "Battle of Alberta."

Its a bit cooler today at +23 and +24 is boarder but it was too hot overnight to sleep comfortably. I'm hoping for an early shift or at least tomorrow so I can watch the game. And I hope that's enough work for now. Anyway, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment