Thursday, October 27, 2011

About 8:30am or so

this morning I woke up having trouble sleeping, diabetes most likely letting me know its still there.

In the early 1970's nobody could convince me that drinking Coke was going to affect me latter in life. I was 22 years old and just existing basically, content with just working and living a sheltered life of independence. I had no social outlet in those days, I was a complacent loner. I saw nobody but my co workers, I worked from 8:30am until about 4:30pm and went out for dinner at the Fraser cafe after work and home to cocoon watching black and white TV. For those 2 years 1974 and 1975 I didn't get out much. I don't even remember cooking much or even buying my own groceries. I was heavily into reading Archie comic books back then. I don't even recall where or if I even did my own laundry. My usual haunts were the Fraser cafe, Royal books and the Royal bank up the street the corner store over there on 6th street a few doors away from where the Masonic Hall is now and of course The Army and Navy department store, where I worked on Columbia. Not the location where it is now. They moved there in 1978. I worked in the Trapp building in those years. I think a 6 pack of a Coke was $1.25. In comparison in 1982 a 1L of Coke was 99 cents. We buy the generic stuff today and for a 2L bottle its about $1.25 including deposit and tax.

Anyway, I just wanted to share a few things here this morning as I'm drinking my coffee, waking up, anyway that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment