Friday, October 7, 2011

Two years ago about this time

my cat Pledges was on his last legs. Like an outgoing WM for Pledges, he was living on borrowed time. A month later we had to put him down, when noticed a blob of blood coming from his mouth. He was trying to get water from the bathtub sprout. I miss him a lot and always think about him.
Another 8 hours are ahead of me here today and you know what? I say bring it on, I‘m ready for it. I need the hours. Several things to watch out for going on today. First, there’s the Winnipeg/Hamilton game tonight. Then I get my check. A few things to look forward to.


I’m having my usual morning coffee. Normally this time in the morning, I’m reading but lately I’ve had some things going on. I’m just over the 102 page mark of what I’m currently reading but today I felt the urge to put a blog post together.


Last night was a great meeting. I‘m not installed yet but next year I will be the lodge’s new Junior Warden. Its an active chair. At least I don’t need to worry about a Robbie Burns night in January but one of the guys suggested I put together a Saint George‘s night in April. I need some tickets printed up but first I need to know that I can have the hall booked for April and I need to know how much is in the JW fund. There‘s a lot of responsibility in this chair as I‘ll be responsible for the entertainment and I have some flexibility. Last night we had 3 tables full at the festive board as the Grand Lodge officers were there. Last night Dan (incoming Lodge secretary) invited me to come out with him to Baseline Lodge on the 15th, which is next Saturday. That’ll be in Spruce Grove. I’ve never been to a Lodge outside the city before so it’ll be a new thing. They will be doing an installation that afternoon. So I’m meeting Dan at Southgate again by the Kiss drop off area. You can do a Google earth for Southgate and its by the big McDonalds clown feet, just across from that. I’ll be there meeting him at 11:30am.


It’s been a crazy week what with Greece on the brink of economic collapse and losing Steve Jobbs. I was thinking about what he said about dying. “You won’t live forever.” Or words to that affect. What I’m trying to do is to leaving some of me behind when I go that will help others long after I’m gone. Something in a meaningful way. What that is, I have no idea yet. Have a nice Thanksgiving weekend everybody. Anyway, that‘s about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment