Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Dilemma’s are fascinating

things. The one I’m under at the moment isn’t earth shattering or anything like that but it’s a bit of a problem. I went to the bank and deposited $120 in my Scotia account. At 4:30pm Tuesday I went to the pharmacy to check out the gift card and I was about ready to get one and they couldn’t take my debit card because they didn’t have a ATM machine to accept it. Also, the gift cards aren’t any more or less reliable then the Vanilla gift cards, you take your chances basically. Sadly it looks like Pay Pal is still the way to go. I don’t mind using pp, it just takes so long to get what you want. The dilemma here is my laptop’s hard drive space is gradually running out of room. I was looking at the 3.5” Sata hd but according to Memory Express, the internal laptops are in several different sizes of the 2.5” drive. When I got home and checked on Memory Expresses website, they had a 750Gb drive, which isn’t to bad for under $100. Essentially, I’m going to need to bring my laptop in and see what’s available and I’m also, even before that, will need a back up copy of Windows 7. First, back up my hd. Then get a back up copy of Windows 7 and then the hd and see if it fits properly. Install the new hd and load Windows 7 and restore my back up. After the back up I should have roughly 650Gb of space available. Way more then what I had previously. I‘m not going to be able to do that this weekend. I‘m 2 weekends away from that because I work on alternate Sundays. Most likely November 6th Sunday because I‘m off then. This gives me a bit of leeway. I‘m really thinking about getting “Battery 3.”

The other thing, I’m considering is getting the 4th Gen Itouch with the new OS and the camera and video features. It’s in White and Future shop (Fs) has it for October for $199. Great deal, considering I paid $240 without the camera. Now if Fs has a good stock of them in stores, I‘ll get one Saturday on my way into the office. This way, Anne can have the old one and I‘ll have the new one.


The other thing I was thinking about with the gift card is testing it out on Itunes. With the Itunes gift card, you can’t get apps, without a credit card here in Canada If Itunes accepts the Visa gift card, then great, one venue at a time I guess. To buy a Visa gift card is $20 so add a $3 app onto that is an expensive proposition to test the card out.


Ok switching gears here our local chapter of the 99% gang is hanging in there at a local park here downtown Edmonton. Don’t these people work or anything?


Also several US officials went and visited our Alberta oilsands and found nothing wrong with them. In fact, they are saying its still friendly oil.


I had a big day on the job yesterday. I got my raise and had a decent total as well although no bonus money. I was able to ride home alone, just the way I like it.


An interesting news item last night, a JFK story. I’ve known about Judith Baker for a long time. She’s been in hiding in fear for her life since the assassination. Her story is that she claims to have a love affair with Lee Harvey Oswald. The only problem with her story is that most of Oswald’s time is accounted for. Especially from the time Lee and Marina left New Orleans. Lee and Marina were estranged since leaving NO and almost all the time from when Oswald got the job at the Texas Schoolbook Depository Building October 15th his time was accounted for. On the weekends Oswald spent his time with his wife. Now its possible that he could have had a lot of time during the weekdays and all but that‘s unlikely. Anyway, that’s about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment