Friday, October 14, 2011

A busy couple of days ahead of me

Sometimes inspiration comes from all sorts of directions. This morning before I went to bed and shit the computer off while in Guitar Pro 6 (GP6), I had an idea. Firstly, would GP6 in its current demo mode be able to save a file WAV format? I strung some chords and notes together, about 5 measures long of a meaningless distortion electric guitar at 120BPM 4-4 timing. That worked as I knew it would. Then under file, save as WAV save on desktop. Second, close out GP6 and launch FL Studio 10 open the mixer and activate Edison, the sampler. Open a file find my WAV files and there was the GP6 file I had just made. Open it in Edison (so far so good) I switched from mono to stereo, normalized the wave form and had a listen. One more step. I was getting excited. Is GP 6 going to be my one stop guitar sound? On the panel above the sampler window Edison has a bunch of options and one is to send it to the play list. I did that and boom! There was the WAV file in FL Studio! I listed and it sounds great. Very happy. The only thing is the sound quality changes slightly. FL Studio’s default guitar settings champion electric guitar option is called Slayer and it’s ok but not the sounds I’m looking for. I’m thinking by default does Slayer take over all electric guitar sounds? The other way to test the sample is lets load it in another application like Sonar. See what happens. I went into Sonar but there is no way I can find where it lets me open up an Exported WAV file at least in this version. Maybe there is a way to do this in other more recent Sonar versions like the X1 series but that’s another topic for another time. Anyway, I got a full 8 hours ahead of me. That’s all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment