Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Must be a Wednesday thing

After settling into my dialler yesterday at noon I went down to the pharmacy to get a Proline (Oiler’s) were playing Nashville. I got myself a $60 Canada post gift card and carried on with the shift. They were playing this “line hour too keep your spot” game. I couldn’t care less. But I had a good afternoon shift. Anne had kept a couple burritos for me and I had a nice lunch. I called Anne at lunch and had a brief chat. In the evening it was kind of slow except for the great start the Oiler’s were having in Nashville. They ended up winning 6-2 even though I lost on my Pro-line, all three games.

My ride home was ok and I got inside the apartment about 9:30pm. Anne went to the store and I prepared to go ahead and try to buy GP6. The only problem was my card was declined and I couldn’t figure out why? I had some options first one is to wait for a day or two (Thursday) and try again. If its declined, it’s probably due to the card itself. Failing that, I’ll try and upload the cash to Pay Pal and see what happens or even wait until Thursday and if that doesn’t work I’ll try and buy it at LM and give the number over the phone and see what happens.

After a cup of warm milk I went to bed about 2:15am. GP6’s tech support people replied to my email after our 11pm-midnight lunch. I answered the email back. So I think I’ll wait until this evening when I come home and try it again (after 24 hours) If it doesn’t take, then the following morning, I’ll order the hard copy from LM, failing that if the card is still declined, I’ll go to my bank the following morning and try to deposit the money from the card (if the bank will let me do this) and put the funds into my account and then I’ll upload them to Pay Pal. I’ll need to convert them to Euros’.

About 5am I woke up to some lower back pain. I think what it could be is arthritis in my back. If it was my sciatic nerve, I would have felt it all down my leg. I haven’t had a bout of that in over a few years so I’m about due. I managed to sleep for a few hours after that until the alarm went off.

I think they announced it for October of next year but Edmonton is one of only 2 North American cities to host Star Wars “Identities” to open October 2012. I don’t think this means that other cities in North America won’t have the event, more will obviously TBA.

Last nights Coast wasn’t a topic that held any special appeal for me. “Orange Sphere’s.” They were linking this to cattle mutilations and that sort of thing. Kind of gory and dry stuff.

Today is another 8 hours and I hope when I come home I get this GP6/card thing a step closer to completion. Anyway that’s all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment