Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Spring/Summer season that was

is over. It changes for me when daylight savings time is set back an hour so we "lose an hour" of daylight when we change our clocks back an hour. Summer or what we got from it is over this year is over. I just hope we here in the Capital region don't get the winter we had we had last year. If we don't get snow until the end of this month, I'll be happy. Then we have just December, January, February and March

I've got enough on my plate as it is for 2012 so I'm hoping this winter goes by in a hurry. One thing I want to do is organize a Saturday night Lodge poker night. Saturday nights works out best for me because I have the whole night off as Anne is working and doesn't get home until almost 11pm. When I get my cell phone up and running she can call me from there and this event isn't limited to just our Lodge (depends on where we can host it) but I'm going to name it the Jim Shannon Hold 'em invitational. I might even hold it as a tournament if it gets popular and even a trophy the Lodge can keep for the year. I'm not sure how this could work but its going to be for now just a friendly game, maybe once a week or every other week.

The Oiler's lost last night in Phoenix 4-2. I had Phoenix to win anyway but what screwed me was the Boston/Toronto game, which the Bruins won 5-1! Yeesh. What where were the Leafs? The Oiler's play in Montreal Tuesday but Vancouver and Calgary play today, so I'll be keeping an eye on those games today.

I decided that next weekend, I'm going to go get GP6. At least now I know I can get the Visa Canada Post gift cards at the Clairview Pharmacy on a Saturday afternoon after work. I just take the train to Clairview and the #10 bus takes me there and I can be there by 5:30pm a half hour before it closes and I can order and pay for the gift card there. I like the Canada Post Visa gift cards because I can load them up to any amount I want up to $250 and I can use them immediately. That means I can place an order if I want anything on the Internet, and order it that night. Easy. I tried using the last card on Itunes but my Apple ID is kind of screwed around. I got to get a handle on that and I think I'll do that this weekend.

Space channel hasn't got a lot I'm interested in these days. I can't get into "Chuck" or "Supernatural" or shows like "Book of pure evil" or whatever. The only show I do like is "Doctor Who" and "Innerspace." Other then then Monday night Raw, Doctor Who (when its on) hockey and the news, I don't watch a lot of TV anymore. I'm working 43 hours/week and I have my Lodge stuff to do and my music. I order a movie maybe once a month and if I had a new Xbox, I'd play more video games. TV has nothing for me.

This week is going to be busy. I'm off though today and tomorrow. I'm working Tuesday/Wednesday and for part of Thursday morning afternoon, then I have to hustle home and be ready for the Board of General Purposes meeting at a Lodge member's home to hammer out a budget for the Lodge for the year. As one of the Lodge, 3 principle officers for 2012 I'm required to be there. That's why I'm not getting GP6 this weekend. Next weekend I will. Friday is Remembrance Day and I'll have that off and Saturday is another 6 hours. I'll have 26 hours on my check but at least I'll have my stat pay so on the 18th of this month, my check wont be a heck of a lot. Also, I'm off on the 17th as well but I'll have the Sunday in, so that's ok. Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment