Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tuesday and another working day

not much going on today, just the job thing today.

I'm there at the job so much I live there and visit here. It seems that way.

I've got my first coffee for the day. This Thursday would be the 1/2 weeks since I ordered GP6. Or since they said at LM it'd take to arrive in the store from their warehouse.

This would have been back in 1976. I recall when I was living at the Anderson house (uptown New Westminster) and I was living in this boarding house with these 2 shady characters. I forget their names. One guy punched me in the nose and broke my glasses at my door, I don't remember why but the next morning he apologized. Anyway, these two guys hatched an idea since all 3 of us were hard up for cash at the time that if I went out and used my checking account and bought this CB radio (hot items in the 70's), on rent to own they'd pawn it off for me using their "connections." I was a little naive at the time and since I needed cash as well, I said ok. I got the Cb radio and let them pawn it for me. We split the cash 3 ways. I recall though how I was in the car with them, driving somewhere, and it was winter out there. Everything was a haunting grey white. After I left the Anderson house in 1978 that was the last time I saw those two characters. The Cb radio and the consequences of that didn't amount to anything since that year in 1976 I moved to Calgary, back to the Anderson house for a year and then when my unemployment came in, I paid my last rent at the Anderson place and got my first ever apartment. It was a dive of a place situated on the West side of where Douglas College is now in New Westminster. I remember I bought a stereo turntable a bunch of SPI games some books and left it all behind when in that August I called Edmonton home, but that's another story.

I'm slowly working though "A game of Thorns." I'm about on page 260/807. I'll probably do another update before the end of the year if I reach to the half way point of the book. Anyway, that's all for now.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment