Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I was hoping for

a bit of an uninterrupted sleep yesterday but that never came to pass. I was kind of shocked when I checked my Scotia account to see how I had a negative balance of -$41 I'll correct that later this morning!

About 3pm yesterday afternoon just as I was ready to leave for work we got hit with a torrent of rain thunder & lightning (rtl). The rtl got pretty intense there for awhile. Most of this storm was up here in the East end but as my train worked towards Stadium there was no evidence of any kind or rtl. Despite the mosquitoes (stingers) I can even put up with them.

Sad, only 5 more days until the end of the Summer Olympics. I didn’t think to much of them but it’s going to be sad to see them go.

Nasa’s Mars Curiosity is now in day 3 of it’s mission landing at Gale crater looking at a place called mount Sharp. It’s going to be interesting to see what Curiosity finds, if anything. Its going to provide us with some stunning  images of the red planet and that in itself may be worth the price of admission.

Fort Edmonton is all over. Now it’s the bbq. Neil said he could do the cooking of I was in a pinch, if Dan couldn’t make it. If this is the case, then I’ll ask Neil if he can use his Costco card to get the fixings. I need to call our core guys to bring their own cutlery etc. I’m not calling any of the guys that are out of town. I‘m only calling our core guys that come out to the meetings on a regular basis. The rest they can come out if they want to. Dan or Neil will have to be there about an hour early to set every thing up as I‘m going to try and snag a ride for Anne and I with Nathan so we can just go and get settled have a beer fellowship eat enjoy the afternoon, help clean up etc. This could actually work and I‘ll be glad when it‘s over.

Coast had an interesting topic on Easter Island and the excavation of the statues have revealed new insight into the mysterious monuments. Should be a good show. Anyway, that‘s about all for now. 
 

I had a good 7 hours of sleep although I could have used another 2 but I’m ok for an 8 hour day ahead.

I’m considering taking my week off around the Labor Day weekend as I want to go down to Canada Place and apply for my CPP and other items to take care of that week.


No comments:

Post a Comment