Friday, August 10, 2012

I had a slow night last night

indeed.

I think my days are numbered there. I haven't had a $500 day in a couple of weeks. When I get my week off as of Sunday August 19th, I'm not only going to apply for my CPP but also put my name in for Alberta Works. One of my Lodge brothers is going to get more info on a call centre his neighbor runs and is looking for people. Hopefully by our next regular meeting I can get some details about it. I need to know what my options are because I don't know how long my place of employment is going to keep me around before I get he pink slip.

I was however able to make some calls on my break and I left some messages. I need to contact Frank and see about getting some fixings for the backed potato salad, burgers etc. The Lodge BBQ is slowly coming together but I see light at the end of the tunnel. Dan thinks we might even make some money this year.

Some interesting news on the NHL front. The NHL commissioner had said that if the NHLPA doesn't get a CBA done by September 15th then the NHL will be locked out again. If this happens again, then in all honesty I don't think I can support the NHL anymore, unless if the Oiler's make the playoffs. This would be the 3rd time in 3 decades now. This is Unacceptable. It's going to be a bitter pill to swallow but I'll support the Oil Kings over the Oiler's. If the NHLPA can make a deal, then fine but if the teams are locked out then, that's it. I've got too much on the go anyway. 

Anyway, that's about all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment