Friday, August 24, 2012

A huge change in the

 weather. During our recent heat wave, by this time of the morning we’d be about +18 but this morning we’re at +10. A lot more comfortable.

I can only wish for the same on my job. To be fair they actually lowered the line hour requirement for the source I‘m on. I didn’t make line hour (lh) as I was out only by $15 but the bulk of my sales were on card. For the last 3 weeks I’ve been working only 33.5 hours though. Any day though can be different then the next.

Looks like there’s another provincial by election coming up in BC now. An NDP MPP there has resigned. That’s 3 now, Kitchener-Waterloo, and the other in Vaughn.

Lately I’ve been doing some research on Hanna Reitsch. She was a test pilot for the Nazi’s in WW2.  She was the first woman to ever receive the Iron Cross (medal) first woman ever to fly a helicopter and to fly one indoors. She was also the first woman ever to fly a jet plane. What made her exploits even more fascinating to me being a WW2 buff, was how she flew under heavy Soviet fire General Von Griem in a small a Fieseler Fi 156 Storch improvised airstrip in the Tiergarten near Hitler’s bunker April 28th 1945 a few days before the end of WW2. The Storch had a damaged fuel tank before it landed. Reitsch and Von Griem used an Arado Ar 96 trainer to leave Berlin but who’s to say that the Hitler’s were not in that plane? A very interesting woman. She died young at the age of 67 in 1979.

My 4 games/Proline ticket last night died as Hamilton/Montreal tied. I had Montreal to win. I’m getting another Proline for the remaining 3 games and picking ties.

Well, today is another full day on the job. I hope I have a better go of things then I did over the last couple of days but I’m  not that far away from having lh for the week. Tonight after rework, I’m doing my banking and home. I’ve got a “X-Wing” Star Wars book to pick up at Audrey’s Saturday. Anyway, that’s about all for now.
 

Yesterday I had a problem with my Google account but the issue is fixed now, so no problem.

I was in good spirits earlier but still only 2 sales all day. I didn’t even get $100 on the day. I might have $600 on the week. I think the reason why I didn’t do that well was because it’s a Friday.


No comments:

Post a Comment