Monday, August 20, 2012

My wife was all

pumped up to go to the bbq Sunday and even bought coleslaw and macaroni salad. Last night when she got home some incident got her blood pressure up and "marital bliss" kicks in (fights arguments etc.) and over night wasn't a good night for me. We go through these things about once every 3-4 months. These things usually blow over but it meant that my wife didn't come out to the bbq. The bbq itself was a small affair. We might have had 15 people. I was hoping for about 24 people. 3 couples didn't make it and a few individuals. If there is a next time, I'm going to print off some tickets and get the money in advance. If there is a next time it won't be for another 4 years yet. I think with the people there I was able to get enough to cover the cost of the lounge and maybe about 40% of the food. The whole idea of the bbq anyway isn't to make money.  

Not only was the bbq good but we had nice hot weather to go along with it. We had way more food then people. We had the place cleaned up and out of there by 5pm. I was home by 5:30pm and brought back 2 pies and half a bottle of Chardonnay. I had a shower and breathed a sigh of relief.

What with the problems (with both service providers) ordering and receiving pay-per- view events arriving half an hour later and calling tech support it's not worth it anymore to order a WWE event. Summerslam 2012 would have been nice to have especially when it would have just begin when I got home.

I have a day off today. I think. I do officially but if Anne is still in one of her mood swings, I'm heading off to work. Best thing for me at the moment is to lay as low as possible. I think I might just head out and maybe chill on the train or at Tim's all afternoon and go into work for the 5-9 shift.

NHLPL and the league are continuing. The players want more revenue sharing pensions, training camp and ice conditions, while the NHL wants decreased share of hockey-related revenue, term limits on contracts and a 22 per cent salary rollback but the one common denominator in all of this is neither side is concerned about the fans. If the NHL goes to a lockout again, I wont support the NHL or even watch the Oiler's unless they get into the playoffs like after the last lockout in 2006. If both sides can get a deal by September 15th and or can get a deal going between now and the end of the year, fine. If the whole season is locked out like the last time, then I wont be supporting the NHL. Anyway, that's about all for now

No comments:

Post a Comment