Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Well it was 25 years


ago, Friday was our infamous "Black Friday." hard to believe it was 25 years ago on that afternoon. I was 34 years old working for the Army & Navy Cobogo warehouse (now called Cobogo lofts) I recall a torrent of rain while I was standing on the roof of Cobogo enjoying the rain on a slow work day. I didn't know what was really happening until I got home (9710 156th street #305) about 5pm that afternoon. When I got home my caretaker (I was paying the rent) had said how we had got a Tornado. We were looking at the sky from her 2nd floor balcony facing West and some of the clouds were actually green. I got a call from my parents living back home in Coquitlam BC (lower mainland) hoping I was alright. On the news later it had been confirmed that 27 people had been killed. It still brings back memories 25 years later.
 
At this moment, I'm not that far away from the location in this video.

We'll I'm back to work in the morning. Not a lot going on for today. It's just a regular 8 hour working day.

I was reading in "Above Top Secret" just now that James Holmes' father is Robert Holmes who is about to testify within the next few weeks before a US Senate panel on the largest bank fraud scandal in world history that is currently unfolding and threatens to destabilize and destroy the Western banking system. I don't know if we can connect the dots here or anything but it's interesting coincidence.

Apparently James Rhodes is still going to be playing the role of Captain America "The Winter soldier." This is the working title of the proposed film and I hope they stick with it. I like it. Captain America is one of my favorite comic book hero’s, still is.

Coast has a bunch of soft shows this week. Nothing to get excited about.

There's only 2 CFL games on this week because it's a by week. Two teams from the East and Two teams from the West play. Four teams only 2 games until all teams have a week off. Maybe there's a MLB game I can parley against the two teams. or I might just wait until the normal schedule returns in week #8. The CFL does this every year. Anyway, that's about all for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment