Wednesday, July 18, 2012

It looks muggy out there

this morning. I'm enjoying the summer but in a way I'll be glad when it's over and ETS returns to normal hours. The #12 I used to always be on time for at about 9:25pm, pulled out of Clareview station as soon as I got about half way down the ramp. I had to wait about 10 minutes for the #183 and another 5 at Clareview. Now, I don't get home until about 9:50pm half my evening commute is spent waiting or on ETS.

Last night I didn't mind waiting to much. My Telus Flex plan was working Ok, temperature was +24C and the air was mild with a nice evening breeze and despite having a better evening then an afternoon (sales wise) my spirits were high.

The CFL begins early week #4 as the games begin, Wednesday night (tonight) Thursday, Friday, Saturday. Tonight it's Winnipeg/Toronto(T), Thursday it's Saskatchewan(W)/Calgary, Friday it's Edmonton/BC (T), Saturday it's Montreal/Hamilton(T), so I'm getting my ticket on my way into the job. I'm picking mostly ties because that's where the money is and it seems that's where the wins are within 3 points of each other for Proline purposes a 3 point game either way is a tie game. Matter of fact, I might just make all these games to be ties. I'm still pissed at BC in week 2 for not making the field goal.

I'm doing some genealogy research at the moment. I'd like to ask my brothers but they are nor very forth coming in giving me any information. I doubt they know much information then I do. But I'm pretty sure the materials I was supposed to receive when mom died in 2000, contained things like dad's birth certificate etc. I'm about to contact the California department of vital stats to get my fathers birth records because in those records they might tell me the names of his parents and so on. Birth records go back to the mid 18th century and costs about $20 for a search/copy, I guess. I need to contact the right department where to send a money order in US funds and wait for the results. I'd like to get some information this summer if possible.

I'm about ready to post this and shut things down, pack my things have some cereal and get ready for my late morning commute. I'm usually in the office shortly after noon. Our shift starts at 12:30pm-4:30pm and at 2:25pm we break for 10 minutes, I call Anne and have a quick touch base chat and a sandwich or something and back at it until 4:30pm and have my lunch in a mad rush to the microwave and after that the game tonight starts at 7:30pm. I'll "see" the first half and then it'll be all but over by the time I get home tonight. Tomorrow will be much of the same as today same with Friday but I'll post. Anyway, that's about all I have for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment